With school started the wrestling season is right around the corner. Not wishing the nice weather away but wanted to get a few things on everyone’s radar.
- Pre-Season Youth Clinic: Practices are 6p – 7p on Oct. 4th, 6th, 11th, 13th, 18th, 25th, and 27th. The end of program Tournament will be on Thursday, Oct. 27th and we’ll need wrestlers to help ref, score, time, etc. It would be great to have high school wrestlers coaching for any/all practices if possible – and for those looking for volunteer hours this is a great opportunity as well.
- Winter Season Sports Meetings: Monday, October 17th at 6p. I believe this meeting will start in the cafeteria with Ricardo’s presentation and breakout to the wrestling room for a team meeting.
- Pre-season Wrestling Tournament at Anoka High School: Oct. 22nd and 23rd. I believe we have wrestlers planning to attend already (I’ve heard Jayden and Juan plan to attend). Find more information at https://theguillotine.com/open-tournament-calendar/.
- Pre-season Wrestling Practices at Maple Grove Senior High: We will host seven pre-season practices from 6p – 7:30p on the following dates: Oct. 26th, Nov. 1, 3, 10, 15, 17. The plan is to have elite level coaches and/or current Gopher Wrestlers to run these practices. Last seasons Maple Grove free-style coaches Troy Steiner and Gopher Wrestler Drew Roberts will likely run all or most of the sessions. Registration information should be available by the end of the week at mgwrestlingclub.com.
- Team Poster Picture: The current plan is to take the poster picture on Sunday, Oct. 30th. Wrestlers who lettered or won 10 or more matches at any level last season will be invited to attend. More details to come.
- Free Intro to Wrestling clinics for first year wrestlers (invite friends and classmates to come check it out): Monday, November 7th and Monday, November 14th from 3p – 4p in the wrestling room.
That’s it for now. As always let me know if anyone has any questions. Look forward to seeing everyone again soon!